It’s the middle of November, and here in Colorado very little rain
or snow has fallen in the past few months. It’s easy to see why
it’s important to keep conserving water. Use these tips to help
conserve water within your home.
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth. The typical person can
save up to 4 gallons per minute, and a family of four can save 200 gallons
a week just with this one simple tip.
- Install low flow showerheads. Take the bucket test. If your showerhead
can fill a one gallon bucket in less than 20 seconds, its time to replace
- Don’t run your washer or dishwasher every day; only run them when
they are full.
- When running your washer, match the water level to the size of the load.
Not every load has to be run at full capacity.
- Reuse your shower towel. Even reusing it once can cut your laundry requirements in half.
- Instead of running your tap water for cold water, consider filling pitchers
and jugs, and placing them in your refrigerator. A cold drink will be
easier – and more efficient – to get to.
- Install a hot water circulation system. You can instantly have hot water
whenever you choose, and save thousands of gallons of water per year.
Looking for ways to green up your life? Get started today, and make next
year your most efficient year yet.