Summer is almost here. And in Colorado, that means we’re using a greater level of water. Which also means your chance of water problems and damage is up as well.
With a little maintenance and care, you can avoid problems before they happen. Here are five ideas to help you start your summer out the right way.
1. Spring Clean Your Water Heater. Over time, sediment, sand and mineral deposits build up. Flushing this accumulated sediment out of your system helps in efficiency.
2. Watch For Puddles and Wet Areas. When pipes crack, they may not be immediately noticeable. Yet with use over time you’ll begin noticing small puddles accumulating in your lawn. Your local plumber now has electronic locators that can find the exact location of a crack or break, eliminating the need for digging in multiple places.
3. Check the Outside Hose Bib. If you didn’t winterize your sprinkler system and hoses, water damage may have occurred. Over time, as water freezes and thaws, it can cause cracks and ruptures in pipe walls. Watch for signs of damage as you water the first few times.
4. Check Basements and Crawl Spaces For Water. Watering your landscaping is a daily part of our lives here in Colorado. But for some older homes, landscaping isn’t conducive to eliminating water problems. Rebuild your landscaping to allow water to run away from the foundation. Plant plants that require less water. And watch your basement and crawl space for any signs of water damage.
5. Schedule a Sewer Line Inspection. As trees and plants grow and spread out their root systems, they may break into your sewer lines. If you live in an older neighborhood with mature plants and trees, a simple sewer line inspection can help you determine where problems exist, and give you an opportunity to fix them before them become larger problems.
Fast: Get service on your schedule! In most instances, we can even offer same-day service calls.
Honest: We never recommend anything outside the scope of your needs - scout’s honor.
Financing: Say goodbye to that boxed in feeling. We offer flexible financing options (subject to credit approval).
Dependable: We arrive when we say we will. We’ll apply an instant credit to your service if we’re late.
Professional: We don’t prey on our customers - we offer solutions rather than corny sales pitches.
No Hidden Fees: We keep everything transparent and we never charge extra for weekend calls.
All of our work is guaranteed. In fact, drains are guaranteed to remain free of stoppages for 30-90 days and all plumbing/HVAC labor is guaranteed for one year. Water and sewer lines have a 10-year transferrable warranty - at no additional charge to you!