As the temperatures continue to warm up, you may notice a change in your home’s comfort level. Do you notice hot spots? Are certain rooms cooler than others?
There are several things you can do to improve your home’s indoor comfort, some that may even surprise you.
1. Set the fan mode on your thermostat to the “on” position. By keeping the fan on during the heat of the day, it keeps the air moving and helps improve overall comfort throughout your home. Keeping the fan on also increases your home’s air filtration, which can help maintain your home’s air quality.
2. Change out your air filters. We can’t stress this enough, as it’s one of the easiest things for homeowners to forget. By changing out an overlooked air filter, you will improve your home’s air flow and increase the HVAC efficiency.
3. Check all duct registers to ensure they are open. When too many registers or doors are closed, it can cause your HVAC system to run inefficiently. Conditioned air can’t flow properly when it’s being forced to move through a system that has been closed off. This causes excessive wear and tear on the individual components of the system.
4. Check the humidifier settings. If you have a humidifier, seasonal settings are often overlooked. If the humidifier is not manually set to the current season, the humidity levels will not be adjusted for the current weather conditions. The home will be more uncomfortable, and condensation could occur.
5. Check the air flow of your duct system. If you have access, visibly check for problems. Can you feel air flowing through joints or cracks? With flex ducts, check for kinks or angles over 120 degrees. When was the last time you had your ducts cleaned? All can ensure you have a clean and well operating system that provides conditioned air to the right place at the right time.
Have additional questions about your home’s comfort levels? We’re here to help.
Fast: Get service on your schedule! In most instances, we can even offer same-day service calls.
Honest: We never recommend anything outside the scope of your needs - scout’s honor.
Financing: Say goodbye to that boxed in feeling. We offer flexible financing options (subject to credit approval).
Dependable: We arrive when we say we will. We’ll apply an instant credit to your service if we’re late.
Professional: We don’t prey on our customers - we offer solutions rather than corny sales pitches.
No Hidden Fees: We keep everything transparent and we never charge extra for weekend calls.
All of our work is guaranteed. In fact, drains are guaranteed to remain free of stoppages for 30-90 days and all plumbing/HVAC labor is guaranteed for one year. Water and sewer lines have a 10-year transferrable warranty - at no additional charge to you!